Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Cake Pops

Snow day = Baking day!!!

I just can't sit still for more than a few minutes.  :)  Keeping busy keeps my mind off wanting to be done with this pregnancy. 

I made a chocolate cake (from scratch, no cheating on a snow day) using my ghirardelli chocolate. Ohhh so yummy. I mixed the cake with some leftover vanilla buttercream that I had made a few days previously (double yummy). I dipped half the cake balls into some guittard chocolate that I spent the extra time on tempering properly. I needed more practice at doing this, and it went much better than last time. The other half I used the Wilton chocolate melts. It's hard to screw up the "fake" chocolate. I used my new valentine sprinkles. Both tasted great! I have plenty in the fridge to share if anyone wants to come visit! :)




Cake pops are great for any occassion!  Check out Bakerella, she creates some amazing ones!

These aren't the best pictures.  Someday I will get a good camera and learn some better picture techniques.... :)




No comments:

Post a Comment